People are often overwhelmed by the thought of working on their Feng Shui, mostly because they don’t know where to begin, or even more commonly, they don’t know what Feng Shui is exactly so why should they bother. That may sound funny, but why should we know what Feng Shui is when we’ve only had access to this information in the West for the last 25 years or so.
It’s not like it’s been passed down from your mother. And the other sorry fact is that in 1949 Chairman Mao Zedong made it illegal to practice Feng Shui and so it was secreted away to Hong Kong and Taiwan where it flourished. We in the West now have access to the 4,000 year old body of knowledge about how the environment affects our well being.
FengShui literally means wind and water, referring to how the wind effects the movement of the energy, and how water blocks it. That’s the concept. The FengShui techniques when applied assist people in achieving prosperity and harmony in the space they are occupying, be it their home or office. Good Feng Shui means good things happen.
The practical application of Traditional Feng Shui is used in the following ways:
- First of all, it is used to determine whether the building site is strong for prosperity based on the surrounding land features. If you are trying to determine whether you should buy or rent a place it is very important to carefully assess the surrounding area to determine whether the site will foster a good life.
- The orientation or otherwise put, the compass reading of the space will determine whether the entrances are well placed for prosperity.
- In the case where you are considering an apartment or condo complex to mov into, the Flying Star School of Feng Shui can help you choose which unit in the building has the best Feng Shui.
- Feng Shui is particularly relevant and helpful when it comes to the interior design allocation of specific rooms for various functions such as the bedroom, the living room, the dining room, the bathrooms, the home office, the conference room, the location of the cash register, the best entrance to frequently use or not use, the computer room, the filing room, the manager’s room, the marketing department, and so on.
- The actual placement and orientation of the furniture is very specific when it comes to determining where things should go in order to increase the strength of the business or the harmony of the household. Feng Shui is commonly called the “Art of Placement”.
- The correct selection of appropriate rooms for different members of the family or company is determined by the birthdate of the individual occupying the space along with the energy of the room. This makes all the difference to the well being and success of the occupants.
- The selection of decor objects and appropriate color selection for each location is another important way Feng Shui helps to create good energy.
It is my hope you will become interested in Feng Shui so that you can enjoy life more fully, and so can those around you. I understand it takes a leap of faith to change things up especially when there is so much about Feng Shui you can’t see. But I can tell you what I have seen when Traditional Feng Shui is implemented correctly and updated annually on February 4th. Yes, to be effective updating is required, because the energies change from year to year.
I have seen an unruly child mellow out, a real estate agent’s business turnaround, a massage therapist’s business significantly increase, a couple become pregnant and have a healthy baby girl, intimate relationships improve after much strife, retail businesses flourish, physical healings occur, and most importantly, a sense of well being and faith that life is indeed good.
Wishing you Good Feng Shui!